Topics of interest include
- Observing cryospheric extremes (CE) and their precursors
- Modelling requirements for CE
- Producing and verifying forecasts of CE
- CE and climate change
- Relevance of CE for society/users
The workshop is free of charge for all participants. Registration deadline for presentations is Wednesday 28 February 2018. Please register here.
Limited amount of travel support will be available for early career scientists.
- Jari Haapala, Finnish Meteorological Institute, Finland
- Carolina Gabarró Prats, Institut de Ciències del Mar – CSIC, Spain
- Hugues Goosse, Earth and Life Institute-Université de Louvain, Belgium
- Elizabeth Hunke, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- Veijo Pohjola, University of Uppsala, Sweden
- Steffen Olsen, Danish Meteorological Institute, Denmark
- Steffen Tietsche, European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, UK