The organizers thank the groups that contributed to the 2017 June, July, and August reports. For August, 37 contributions for pan-Arctic extent predictions were received with the median Arctic Outlook value for September 2017 sea ice extent of 4.5 million square kilometers.
Nine of the 37 also contributed Alaska regional extent predictions and 10 also contributed for Antarctica. Additionally, two contributions for Antarctica only and two descriptive regional contributions were received.
The August report includes:
- Analysis of the contributions;
- Comments on predicted spatial fields;
- Discussion of current conditions;
- Comments on the Alaska regional extent Outlooks;
- A discussion of pan-Antarctic contributions,
- Key statements from the 37 individual pan-Arctic Outlook; and
Links to view or download full reports of the pan-Arctic Outlook, pan-Antarctic Outlook, and regional Outlook contributions.
View the full report here