The organizers thank the groups that contributed to the 2017 June and July reports. For July, 36 contributions for pan-Arctic extent predictions were received with the median Arctic Outlook value for September 2017 sea ice extent of 4.5 million square kilometers. Eight contributed Alaska regional extent predictions, 12 contributed for Antarctica, and there were two informal contributions.
The July report includes:
- Analysis of the contributions;
- Comments on predicted spatial fields;
- Discussion of current conditions;
- Comments on the Alaska regional extent Outlooks;
- A discussion of pan-Antarctic contributions,
- Key statements from the 36 individual pan-Arctic Outlook; and
- Links to view or download full reports of the pan-Arctic Outlooks, pan-Antarctic Outlooks, regional Outlooks, and informal contributions.
This is the second monthly SIO for the 2017 season. A call for contributions for the August report will be announced via ArcticInfo and the SIPN mailing list.
For more information, please contact Betsy Turner-Bogren at ARCUS