With great pleasure we announce the launch of a Virtual Special Issue (VSI) on Hydroclimatic Extremes in the prominent Journal Advances in Water Resources (CiteScore: 4.53, 5-yr Impact Factor: 4.37).
We solicit original research papers focusing on Extremes of precipitation, flooding, drought, temperature, wind, surge, sea levels, or of other hydrometeorological variables, that advance the scientific knowledge in different areas including:
- Stochastic and physically-based modelling and forecasting.
- Diagnostics of change and of natural variability at any spatio-temporal scale.
- Frameworks for detecting and modelling compound and concurrent hydrologic extremes.
- Probabilistic methods (stationary and non-stationary) for frequency estimation.
- Predictions of GCM's and spatio-temporal downscaling techniques.
- Monitoring methods.
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies.
Upon submission when prompted to "Select Issue Type" mind to select "VSI:Hydroclimatic extremes" (or download this annotated PDF for step-by-step instructions).
Note that: (a) all papers will be thoroughly peer-reviewed based on the Journal’s high-quality standards; (b) a Virtual Special Issue implies that all accepted papers will be immediately published and appear in the journal’s regular issues and be listed additionally under the VSI’s theme to further promote your work.
Managing Guest Editor: