A conversation with ECMWF Deputy Director of Research Peter Bauer on supercomputing, his work to advance weather prediction and the future prospects of technology and science
19 Feb 2019
This position is part of the section climate dynamics within the department of climate sciences. The incumbent will work for the EU funded project APPLICATE.
15 Feb 2019
Some 70 scientists reviewed 'exciting first results' at the second General Assembly and an early career event of the Applicate project on polar prediction at ECMWF from 28 January to 1 February 2019.
7 Feb 2019
Applicate on Twitter
- Linking the lowest Arctic November-December sea-ice extent with the driest December in Europe on record
- On the timescales and length scales of the Arctic sea ice thickness anomalies: a study based on 14 reanalyses
- Using numerical models to design the future of Arctic observing system: insights from the APPLICATE Project
- An assessment of regional sea ice predictability in the Arctic ocean
- Improving Met Office seasonal predictions of Arctic sea ice using assimilation of CryoSat-2 thickness