The SIO, a product of the Sea Ice Prediction Network–Phase 2 (SIPN2), provides an open process for those interested in Arctic sea ice to share ideas. This report contains a variety of perspectives—from advanced numerical models to qualitative perspectives from citizen scientists:...
25 Jun 2019
1 July 2019 will mark the official start of the YOPP Consolidation Phase. To prepare for this occasion, on 24 and 25 June three webinars will highlight the achievements of the...
21 Jun 2019
Renewable energy is central to the global effort to move to less carbon-intensive economies that support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). However, the generation of renewable energy and its operational planning are strongly...
19 Jun 2019
Applicate on Twitter
- Linking the lowest Arctic November-December sea-ice extent with the driest December in Europe on record
- On the timescales and length scales of the Arctic sea ice thickness anomalies: a study based on 14 reanalyses
- Using numerical models to design the future of Arctic observing system: insights from the APPLICATE Project
- An assessment of regional sea ice predictability in the Arctic ocean
- Improving Met Office seasonal predictions of Arctic sea ice using assimilation of CryoSat-2 thickness