The School of Meteorology and the Cooperative Institute at the University of Oklahoma are sponsoring a polar prediction workshop at the National Weather Center in Norman, Oklahoma, 24 to 26 April 2019.
17 Jan 2019
Deadline for abstracts approaching (18 Jan 2019): 15th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography
Dear APPLICATE Community
The American Meteorological Society and the Committee on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography are currently accepting abstract submissions for the 15th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography. This conference will convene 19-23 May 2019 in Boulder, Colorado.
16 Jan 2019
Seasonal-to-interannual Arctic seaice predictability in a “perfect-model” 3-year-long experiments run with six global climate models
Arctic sea ice plays a central role in the Earth’s climate. Changes in the sea ice on seasonal-to-interannual timescales impact ecosystems, populations and a growing number of stakeholders.
8 Jan 2019
Applicate on Twitter
- Improving Met Office seasonal predictions of Arctic sea ice using assimilation of CryoSat-2 thickness
- A probabilistic verification score for contours: Methodology and application to Arctic ice-edge forecasts
- An EC-Earth coupled atmosphere–ocean single-column model (AOSCM.v1_EC-Earth3) for studying coupled marine and polar processes
- Bright Prospects for Arctic Sea Ice Prediction on Subseasonal Time Scales
- Investigating future changes in the volume budget of the Arctic sea ice in a coupled climate model